Requirements for Studying in New Zealand
A country in the southwestern Pacific Ocean, owning two major islands, New Zealand has emerged as an amazing study destination. This is due to the quality education which is offered and has the lowest tuition fee in comparison to other popular study destinations. The British-based education system offers students practical experience in hands with theoretical perspectives. Qualifications and degrees are recognized globally. Not just the education but New Zealand provides best student support services to all the international students. The range of courses offered is not limited; instead, they vary distinctively.
But students need to fulfil specific requirements to study in New Zealand, a step ahead to enter the country for acquiring higher education.
A student Visa is just like official permission granted to the international student to study full time in New Zealand till the end date of the course. It will include information like:-
- The name of the program or the course
- The name of the college or university
- The location of the Institute
- The requirement to hold acceptable insurance
2. Cost of Visa
The cost of student visa ranges from NZD250-275. The preferred medium of payment is either by
bank cheque or a draft.
3. Documents Required:
Following are the documents that are required for the visa application purposes:
- Original Passport- The student’s passport should
be valid for at least three months after the period of stay in New Zealand.
- Completed Student Visa Application Form
- Payment receipt of the application fee.
- The offer letter from the college or university
- An official letter from the student’s current
institution confirming status as a study abroad student.
- A receipt or a document related to Health
- Health and Character certificates may be
required to prove that the student’s intention to study and stay in New Zealand
- 2-3 passport sized photographs
- Transcripts or any other qualifications of the
students from the school or colleges they have attended
- Scores of the entrance exams as required by the
college or university that could include IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT or GRE.
- Bank statement describing the student’s
financial status and that he can cover all his living costs and the tuition
- Scholarship Letter, if any.
International students should complete their course or
degree within the minimum course duration listed on their acceptance letter.
The visas granted are usually valid up to a year, allowing the student to work
during their study period and temporarily work after completion of their
A student may face certain difficulties while fulfilling all the requirements so they are advised to visit the office of Canam Consultants where the expert counselors will help them in completing all the formalities required for study in New Zealand.
this on WhatsApp