5 Agriculture Schools Abroad For Filipinos
on Google Plus
There are many advantages of taking agricultural courses, one of them is the number of interesting careers that you can enter with your degree. In fact, agriculture is one of the leading sources of employment around the world. If you are keen to pursue a career in agriculture, fisheries, forestry, and other related fields, here are the best agriculture schools abroad that you can check out:
1. Wageningen University & Research
Wageningen University and Research (Wageningen UR; WUR) is a public university in Wageningen, Netherlands. The university trains students in life and social sciences and is a member of the Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS) university network. Known as the world’s best agriculture university, WUR offers the following courses:
- Animal Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Food Technology
- International Land and Water Management
- Soil, Water, Atmosphere
2. University of California, Davis
The University of California, Davis, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences was established in 1922. It is one of four colleges on the campus of the University of California, Davis. It offers 27 undergraduate degrees and 33 postgraduate degrees. The college is the home of the Museum of Wildlife and Fish Biology housing 60,000 specimens of vertebrates primarily used for teaching and research.
UC College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences is organized into three divisions, which are then further sub-divided into the following departments:
- Agricultural Sciences Division – Animal Science, Biological and Agricultural Engineering, Entomology, Nematology, Plant Pathology, Plant Sciences, Agronomy and Range Science, Environmental Horticulture, Pomology, Vegetable Crops, Viticulture and Enology, and Environmental Sciences Division
- Environmental science and Policy – Environmental toxicology, Landscape Architecture
Land, Air and Water Resources, and Wildlife, Fish, and Conservation Biology
- Human Sciences Division – Managerial Economics, Environmental Design, Food Science and Technology, Human and Community Development, Nutrition, Textiles and Clothing
3. Cornell University
Cornell University is a private Ivy League research university in Ithaca, New York. The university has the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS). CALS is the third-largest agriculture college in the United States. The college focuses on areas including Life Sciences, Applied Social Sciences, Environmental Sciences and Agriculture and Food. Since its establishment in 1874, CALS has already produced numerous alumni who have made remarkable feats in various fields. These people include Robert C. Baker who is the inventor of the chicken nugget and turkey hotdog and Barbara McClintock who is a plant geneticist and Nobel Laureate (Physiology and Medicine).
4. University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
The UC Berkeley College of Natural Resources is the oldest college in the UC system. Under the college are 5 different departments that are as follow:
- Agricultural and Resource Economics (ARE)
- Environmental Science, Policy & Management (ESPM)
- Nutritional Sciences & Toxicology (NST)
- Plant and Microbial Biology
- Energy and Resources Group (ERG)
Aside from these departments, the UC College of Natural Resources also has 15 centers and facilities.
AgroParisTech is a French university-level institution located in Paris, France. The institution is divided into 5 departments. AgroParisTech is one of the foremost and most prestigious Grandes Écoles. Grand Écoles are higher education establishments in France that are outside the main framework of the French public university system. These schools are highly selective and elite whose graduates have dominated different positions in private and public sectors of the French society.
- Agronomy, Forestry, Water and Environmental Science and Technology,
- Life Science and Health,
- Science and Engineering for Food and Bioproducts,
- Social science, Economics and Management,
- Modeling: Mathematics, Informatics and Physics
Ready to start your career agriculture? Find more schools abroad that offer Agriculture programs on Edukasyon.ph’s Study Abroad section!
on Google Plus
Tags: agriculture schools abroadAgroParisTechBerkeley (UCB)careers in agricultureCornell UniversityDavisstudy abroadUniversity of CaliforniaWageningen University & Research
About the author
Karl Nicole Nucum
Karl has been in the writing industry for more than five years now. She finished Bachelor of Arts in English Major in Broadcast Journalism. Aside from happily doing household chores, her most productive spare time includes reading tech articles and learning more about digital marketing.