Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation Bags CyberSecurity Excellence Award!
on Google Plus
Cybersecurity is a discipline that is ever-growing. Anybody who has the right skill set can penetrate your data, steal valuable information and execute commands remotely with just a working computer network.
Nowadays, more and more transactions are being made online and the existence of security programs and software are not always the safest bet. This has resulted in a growing demand for cybersecurity specialists and experts. Fortunately for residents of Malaysia, the Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation‘s Cyber Security program has been recognized at the Cyber Security Excellence awards!
The Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation was the Gold Winner at the 2019 CyberSecurity Excellence Awards under the Best CyberSecurity Education Provider category. This is a stellar achievement for any educational provider in the cybersecurity space.
The CyberSecurity Excellence Awards recognizes companies, products, and professionals that demonstrate excellence, innovation, and leadership in information security. Produced by CyberSecurity Insiders in partnership with the Information Security Community on LinkedIn, the Excellence awards taps into the experience of over 400,000+ cybersecurity professionals around the world!
BSc (Hons) Cyber Security
Graduates of BSc (Hons) Cyber Security can find themselves working for cybersecurity firms or provide security services to organizations that use computer systems or networks.
You will learn how to secure computer systems from malicious hacking attacks. On the first year, a general grounding on computing skills will be provided as well as the fundamental aspects of computer security. On the final year, you will learn cryptography and malicious software. Students will also cover the CISCO networking syllabus for Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching as well as the CCNA Security syllabus. When you graduate, you will have the opportunity to take the industry-standard ECCouncil Ethical Hacker Certification.
- Algorithms & Data Structures in C
- Hardware & Software Systems & Graphics
- Introduction to Forensic Tools & Techniques
- Introduction to Networking with LANs & WANs
- Introduction to Security Technologies
- Introduction to Software Development
- Mathematics & Statistics for Computing
- Systems and Database Analysis
- Computer Systems Low-Level Techniques
- Information Systems Organisations and Management
- Ethical Hacking
- Biometrics 1
- LAN Switching and WAN Networks
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Router Security Technologies
- System Programming & Computer Control
Internship (16 weeks)
- Computer Systems Security
- Malicious Software and Security Programming
- Image Processing
- Group Case Study
- Biometrics 2
- Project: Artefact Realisation, Testing & Evaluation
- Project: Planning, Management, Communication & Appraisal
- Project: Research, Analysis & Artefact Design
Interested in taking up CyberSecurity? The Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation is looking for students like you!
Learn more about Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation here!
on Google Plus
Tags: Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovationcyber securitycybersecuritystudy abroadstudy in malaysia
About the author